Saturday 19 April 2008

Textile Heritage - on a beer bottle

We shop late on Friday nights when the supermarket is quiet. Last night I found this bottle of beer amongst the packets and tins when I unpacked the bags. Ian had picked it up out of curiosity, opened it and pronounced it good then drew my attention to the label details.
The beer is called Flying Shuttle and the info in the back label states:
This premium ale was brewed as a tribute to the Lancashire Cotton industry. The invention of the" Flying Shuttle" enabled workers to weave faster and transformed textile making into an industry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, this would go down well with the Laundry King. He can endure many quilt shops or exhibitions if there is a boutique brewery or English pub waiting for him afterwards.

Pamela said...

Does this mean you're supposed to drink it faster???

Ruth said...

Cool - Beer for fiber fanatics - now if I only drank beer...

DILLY said...

Hewo!

Thank for vizit!

Dilly think drink look intrestin. Nice horses.

Mweah!

¬"

Guzzisue said...

when I get some time I may look to see if there are any other textile named food items.
Dilly, I agree, they are nice horses :)

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Just what I need, the summer heat is turning me into a useless lump of humanity who drinks lime juice and takes long siestas - flying shuttle will do the trick.