Tuesday 27 January 2009

New Challenge

Well, I'm always a sucker for a challenge so when I spotted this, I thought it would be fun :-)


Titles spark of very different things in each of our minds, especially if the image that it goes with is yet to be shown. I'd like to invite you to join in with a little experiment to see what a title can stir in your immediate imaginations.



I'll probably post a new title at the weekends. There is no requirement to do each title, nor complete to a dead line. The only request is that you should start from the first thing that springs into your mind when you read the given title.

The momentum behind this blog is to capture that first image in your minds eye that the title sparks off and to show us in what ever way you can. I have to add that the aim is not to finish a beautiful piece of work but to convey the image. It is more important to capture the main points of your image than create a finished piece.

You can work in any medium or format to make a visual image. It can be a sketch, cartoon, painting, textile or mixed-media piece for example, from memory or photos or life etc.



This is the brainchild of Helen Suzane of Heb-art and now Todays Title is

Why not join in? Just drop Helen an e-mail :-)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I've joined in with this too Sue but haven't yet started on the first topic.

Maggi said...

Seems like joining this is an East Midlands thing. Joined as well but although the idea is there for the first piece I haven't had time to work on it yet.

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
Thanks for popping by.
I'm in the Midlands too!
You have some great textured embroidery.
Michala x