Saturday 8 January 2011

book of inspiration

A dreary Saturday moring following a fairly sleepless night ( still can't get rid of the cough) was brightened up by hubby collecting this from the post office parcel depot. Hopefully it will help to get the creative side of me fully back into gear. This was followed by nearly 4 hours of bobbin lace, mainly teaching as I wound bobbins for my next project. You may remember that I couldn't make my mind up  what to make? well it was made up for me as someone has asked me to make some lace for them to take overseas as a gift. Nothing complicated especially as I have a tight deadline for this so it is going to be a torchon bookmark that can be easily framed.


  Petes second lesson with lace is coming on nicely, theres a couple of mistakes but as long as he can see why it's wrong then all is well. Footside, half stitch and initial set up of bobbins have now been introduced and practised.

1 comment:

K-eM said...

Hmmm. You're starting to give me the bobbin lace itch. I haven't done it in years and I'm sure the pillow is quite dusty. Maybe I'll have to take it down and try a bookmark to start with.