Saturday 22 January 2011

look, I made that

I recently discovered a blog called Knit a Year where the writer is aiming to knit a minimum of 2 rows everyday for a year so I offered up some of my handspun remnants and asked for a contact address. Don't you always find that its a small world? although the writer lives in London it turns out that we met a few months ago at my regular knit night in Nottingham when she was visiting family and friends!!!

 Anyway, she has been knitting with some spindle spun Merino with felted flowers and you can see the results of this and the other threads over the next few days on her blog. This reminded me that I have a knitted sample of the same yarn so here it is...

IMG_6673

5 comments:

Ann Christy said...

Small world - the yarn looks very nice.

Anonymous said...

It's a pleasure to be knitting with your yarns .Thanks for the links too

laura_rose said...

Talking about Nottingham, and small world, one of our lace ladies was born in Nottingham and would love to make contact with you...may I please pass on your email?? (I was supposed to ask before Christmas, so I am glad I came for a visit :))

Guzzisue said...

knitayear...so pleased that you liked the yarns.
Laura..have e-mailed you
Textile art showcase..I have since found someone in NZ who I used to know through a mutual non connected friend..the world is indeed getting amaller!

Guzzisue said...

knitayear...so pleased that you liked the yarns.
Laura..have e-mailed you
Textile art showcase..I have since found someone in NZ who I used to know through a mutual non connected friend..the world is indeed getting amaller!