Saturday 30 April 2011

Beneath the surface

Papplewick Pumping Station is a favourite place of ours to visit for a couple of hours just to watch the huge beam engines in steam. This in turn means that we always visit over the Easter period to renew our annual membership and have a wander round. They are getting quite used to the crazy woman who spins on a drop spindle as she walks round the grounds.

blog 2035

blog 2043

In the grounds there is a large pond that supplies the water and this is used by  a model boat club and we stopped to watch the boats drift quietly by.

blog 2056
All appeared calm and serene until ........as the owner said, he gets to play in all the water, not just on the surface!!

blog 2053
blog 2054

Have a good weekend :-)

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's a place I would love to visit some day! My dad loved steam engines, and I think he would have enjoyed it also. What strikes me is how clean everything looks! I'm thinking I need a little steam action around the house. ; )

Guzzisue said...

my Dad also loves steam engines and they have always been part of my like :-)

Guzzisue said...

my Dad also loves steam engines and they have always been part of my like :-)