Saturday 2 February 2013

Purple

So my goal is to try and blog everyday, take an inventory of my fibre stash and try and get some fibre prepped for spinning so that when I have the urge to spin I'm nit confronted by bags of unwashed fleece.Also I have fibres that I really couldn't deal with a year or so ago but now I have more experience and can work out how to deal with them. I suspect that I also have some that may just head out into the bin!!!

Today the sun is shinning and I've been washing a bit of fleece-more about that later, I've also emptied another bag of odd this time commercially dyed merino that was passed onto me maybe two years ago. I've added some dyed BFL that was hanging around and separated the colours.

So I started with this





Separated the colours into this

Then attacked it with the drum carder!
!




Result 135 gm of soft batts ready to spin !


That s just about it for now, time to find my knitting and finish the mitts :-) Have a great weekend xx

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Fabulous colours, especially well matched. It will be good to see how they knit up once spun. A bit worried about you having a gaol though. ;-)

Guzzisue said...

ooops , should proof read, not spell check hehe

Araignee said...

Gorgeous colors! Just what I needed on this dreary cold day. Now I want to go play with rainbows too.....

Guzzisue said...

thanks, I've spent the day doing some dyeing of my own, see next post :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Yum! Can you send that my way? Oh and pack the drum carder up for me too! Soooo jealous! :D
--eluzaduckie

Guzzisue said...

eluzaduckie-Hi, I'm going to try and split each batt before I spin so I get a two ply that slowly changes shade, should look good in a shawl but often I don't get round to knitting with it. Would be lost without the drum carder and wool combs! thanks for dropping by x

Maggi said...

Gorgeous colours

Guzzisue said...

Maggi-Thanks x

Janys- when you take the fibre off the drumcarder, it comes off in ine piece so you have an elongated rectangle of hopefully soft fibre called a batt, you can then pull this into strips to spin from x