Saturday 14 June 2014

loom bands

We have tried various crafts up at the youth centre but at the moment the big trend is for loom bands. I am always amazed at the amount of excitement that a pile of small elastic bands can produce and how productive a small group of teenagers can be!!



However, I have found another use for them, they stop the threads slipping off my inkle loom when I'm warping it up and I've used them to attach my scissors and thread ready for our next trip.




The teenagers have a more traditional use :-)

I will be back soon, have a great weekend !!

2 comments:

Araignee said...

They are all the rage here also but until now I had no idea what they were for. I bought a bag thinking I could use them to tie up the Pup's hair but she prefers to eat them. Not good.

Guzzisue said...

I saw something on the net about them ages ago then suddenly they hit the shops here a few weeks ago. Its a really good activity as they teach each other how to make the bracelets, I just sit back and watch :-) hehe