Saturday 14 February 2015

Inkle loom


It's a bit damp and grey here but I've had coffee, tidied the kitchen and got the washing machine on so I have a few mins to blog before tackling the next room.

I've not been spinning much for various reasons but I rediscovered the inkle loom and have been playing around with it for that last 9 months or so. I originally bought my first loom 3/4 years ago and like any serial fibre nut, played with it constantly for a few months then got distracted back into spinning.

I made myself a banjo strap a year or so ago and have recently been making ukulele straps, slowly perfecting the leather ends that have proved a little bit awkward

The original banjo strap, I then made a narrower strap to test out on my mandolin

20150125_163059
then I started to play :-) 

20141111_221347
please excuse the mess , I have tried to tidy up since !!


The project on the go at the moment involves using hand spun sari yarn that I spun at a demo a couple of years ago and has just been sitting around since. Exactly what this will become I'm not sure but the texture is interesting :-)


Well, its time to tackle the bathroom, wish me luck, speak soon, Sue x

2 comments:

Araignee said...

Bathrooms are no fun.
Love the straps. I used to weave on an inkle loom back at school-ancient days. I'd love one of my own but the prices make me giddy.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Makes me want to dust off my inkle loom!