Wednesday 3 February 2016

spare room?

We have a spare room, originally intended to be a guest bedroom but it really is the dump room for all the bits and pieces that don't have a home.



Yesterday I made a start on sorting it out, it doesn't look like I've done anything but I rescued an assortment of glasses from the shelve above the window and washed a good quantity of dust from them. Nothing is going back on that shelf now!!!

Ths glasses are from motorcycle events so can't be replaced and for that reason we are reluctant to use them....although two small ones are in regular use as spirits glasses, living next to the bottle of Archers in the kitchen.





My biggest quandary is what to do with my old college work, I have files of samples that take up room but I am reluctant to let them go. I'm thinking that I may be able to get a lot of the work into one big file and maybe pack them all into an air tight box. Some small pieces of work have been thrown away as they are so dusty and faded. Others I may remove from the frames and wash.

I can only tidy up for short periods of time so I'm guessing that this may take me a few days.

1 comment:

Araignee said...

I have three rooms and assorted closets filled with the same types of things. I say I am going to sort it out but I can never bear to part with the memories. I just end up moving things from pile to pile.