Saturday 21 January 2017

slow time of year

Hi,

I can't believe that we are already 3/4 of the way through January, not sure where the time goes!

Firstly a confession, I've stepped down from the embroidery challenge as after a day or so it just didn't grab me. I think my head isn't into thread at the moment, just fluff and yarn!

We did manage a day out last weekend, headed off to the east coast and watched some sand racing but it was very cold and wet so didn't hang around for long. I only took my small camera which really doesn't like being cold so not many photos.



After  we had thawed out in the cafĂ© we headed down to Skegness and trawled the charity shops for books, cds and dvds.
The previous day I had been out with my mate and popped into the nearby Oxfam shop and came out with these.
               


I like the Journal book as it also has squared paper in it so you can chart your designs for fair isle although most of mine have mistakes in them... must not do this when tired, just leads to frustration.



The purple hat is completed and I've decided that this one is mine !!

and I've started another kep, this time Jacob. manx loaghtan and Portland in the mix.


I nearly forgot, I bagged this book from Amazon as it was on sale at £4.99 so much for my desire to stop buying books etc!!



Still, I have plenty of fleece to spin, at the moment its more of the grey Ryland :-)


Have a great weekend xx

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Your hats make me so happy!!! I'd be keeping that purple one too. It's beautiful!